More units please

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I really like your application and I frequently use it in my engineering work. It is often easier to fire up my Palm Pre and do a conversion than pulling out a handbook or going online with my desktop. I would like you to consider adding some units to your application:

Acceleration: m/s^2, g, km/h/s (KPHPS), mi/h/s (MPHPS), ft/s^2

Power: W, kW, HP, Pferdstarke, BTU/h, ton of refrigeration, calorie

Density (to include linear densities like kg/m, lb/yd, lb/ft, etc. and paper densities)

Also I would like to see these units added: slug (geepound), Rankine

Another useful conversion that may not fit into your application is converting degrees of arc to radius as used in railroad and highway curves.

I use all these units in my job as a transportation engineer.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this fine webOS application.

Regards,

Karl

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I added modules for acceleration and power. Would you like me to upload them?

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM

I just realized that somebody posted messages on this discussion board. (I expected that I could receive a notification email from codeplex.)

Thank you for your work! Could you please give me your code? I can incorporate your modification and probably release by this weekend. If you want to commit, please let me know; I think codeplex allows me to add you as a developer.

I'll also consider adding the degree things. I think degrees are similar to ft'in'' conversion, although I'm not sure if there is some non-trivial thing.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM
1.0.5 includes the followings: * acceleration and power (thanks for your work) * rankine, slug and angstrom * angle, density * fuel economy I could not find paper density as I could not find the conversion table.